- Principles of Social Interaction Design?
- Designing Social for the Enterprise
- Social design of the collaborative economy
- Mirror, surface, window – three modes of the social screen
- Gravity7 to Enterprise…UX and social in the workaday world
- The conundrum of corporate social media use
- Enterprise systems of engagement — social designers needed
- Apple, the rise and fall of “aura,” and the social brand image
- Big UX, small UX
- Instagram profiles: the social image
- The system that breaks is not the system that repairs
- Beyond the Social Object
- The medium and its messengers: story-telling and social media
- Marketers may talk value, but user experience should not
- Zen, and the art of game mechanics
I am currently UX lead and manager at DeloitteDigital, San Francisco.
I make your social media work better for people. Social Interaction Design (SxD) is user-centric approach to social media design, implementation, and strategy that accounts for how different kinds of users engage with social media, and how sites and application design and execution lead to emergent social practices. It applies to user experience design (UX), interaction design (IxD), user interface design (UI), and information architecture (IA). It draws on insights from psychology, sociology, anthropology, communication theory, and media theory. I am available for consulting to design agencies, social media agencies, startups, and social media campaign managers.
Founder, SxdSalon>, a group blog
Monthly Archives: April 2011
I have been meaning to write further about social games and the gamification of social media for a while. Some recent binging over on Empire Avenue lit the fire. I want to outline a few points, not in great depth … Continue reading →
I have been meaning to write this post for a while now in order to provide readers with a big picture introduction to the theory behind social interaction design. I have much of this in the white papers and reading … Continue reading →
Groupon’s acquisition yesterday of Whrrl gives cause for some speculation into what’s coming in the local social deals space. First and most obviously is that deals are going social. Whrrl was all about capturing individual member interests and tribalizing them … Continue reading →