- Principles of Social Interaction Design?
- Designing Social for the Enterprise
- Social design of the collaborative economy
- Mirror, surface, window – three modes of the social screen
- Gravity7 to Enterprise…UX and social in the workaday world
- The conundrum of corporate social media use
- Enterprise systems of engagement — social designers needed
- Apple, the rise and fall of “aura,” and the social brand image
- Big UX, small UX
- Instagram profiles: the social image
- The system that breaks is not the system that repairs
- Beyond the Social Object
- The medium and its messengers: story-telling and social media
- Marketers may talk value, but user experience should not
- Zen, and the art of game mechanics
I am currently UX lead and manager at DeloitteDigital, San Francisco.
I make your social media work better for people. Social Interaction Design (SxD) is user-centric approach to social media design, implementation, and strategy that accounts for how different kinds of users engage with social media, and how sites and application design and execution lead to emergent social practices. It applies to user experience design (UX), interaction design (IxD), user interface design (UI), and information architecture (IA). It draws on insights from psychology, sociology, anthropology, communication theory, and media theory. I am available for consulting to design agencies, social media agencies, startups, and social media campaign managers.
Founder, SxdSalon>, a group blog
Tag Archives: influence
I’m back to ranting today, so I’ll keep this one as brief as possible. I was going to write about something completely different, until I took a peek at a tweet from friend and SNCR colleague Tom Foremski on influence. … Continue reading →
Influence metrics are growing up. According to Adage, Razorfish is about to introduce “the SIM score, which stands for social influence marketing.” The new score is covered by Abbey Klaassen in What’s Your Brand’s Social Score?. Social media marketers have … Continue reading →
I have little time this morning to write the post this topic requires, but it’s been on my mind for a couple weeks and rather than wait, I’d like to put a few things down on the page. The issue … Continue reading →