- Principles of Social Interaction Design?
- Designing Social for the Enterprise
- Social design of the collaborative economy
- Mirror, surface, window – three modes of the social screen
- Gravity7 to Enterprise…UX and social in the workaday world
- The conundrum of corporate social media use
- Enterprise systems of engagement — social designers needed
- Apple, the rise and fall of “aura,” and the social brand image
- Big UX, small UX
- Instagram profiles: the social image
- The system that breaks is not the system that repairs
- Beyond the Social Object
- The medium and its messengers: story-telling and social media
- Marketers may talk value, but user experience should not
- Zen, and the art of game mechanics
I am currently UX lead and manager at DeloitteDigital, San Francisco.
I make your social media work better for people. Social Interaction Design (SxD) is user-centric approach to social media design, implementation, and strategy that accounts for how different kinds of users engage with social media, and how sites and application design and execution lead to emergent social practices. It applies to user experience design (UX), interaction design (IxD), user interface design (UI), and information architecture (IA). It draws on insights from psychology, sociology, anthropology, communication theory, and media theory. I am available for consulting to design agencies, social media agencies, startups, and social media campaign managers.
Founder, SxdSalon>, a group blog
Tag Archives: web
Social software and social media sites present an interesting challenge to those of us interested in the user experience. Where the user experience in “conventional” software can be examined according to assumptions we (know how to) make about the user’s … Continue reading →
“Of all the gin joints in all the world, you have to come into this one…” Ever get that feeling that there’s a whole lot more talk going on here than there is listening? That perhaps the medium itself is … Continue reading →
Reading Notes: Social Media, Mass Media PDF, 45 pages The Reality of the Mass Media, by Niklas Luhmann, and Anthony Giddens’ Modernity and Self Identity together provide a rich basis for unpacking how online media, and social media (user generated … Continue reading →