The big splash that blogging has made must be on the edge of integration with email. Blogging’s popularity as a mode of expression, and email’s popularity as a mode of communication are begging to unite in a grand unified platform solution that combines the specificity of addressing of email with the publishing of blogging.
- email addressing flexibility will merge with blog publishing
- blogging’s post vs comment distinction will merge with email’s existing send vs respond
- categorization by user definitions (e.g. in email software) will merge with popular categorization (taxonomic or tagging)
- privacy restrictions enabled by blogging will merge with user’s social networks and address books
- threading offered by discussion groups and Googlemail will merge with these blogmails to offer better conversational control
Who’s doing this?